[Openstack] instance dns issue

Darragh O'Reilly dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 20:47:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

I reckon this is because dnsmasq is isolated in the dhcp namespace. You can use
DHCP to push out a specific nameserver:

$ quantum subnet-update sub1 --dns_nameservers 8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8

I can't seem to figure out the syntax to pass just one (list=false is not
working). Or you could use Horizon instead. Anyway the DHCP agent should ensure
that it is pushed out to the instance's resolv.conf or whatever.

Darragh.