[Openstack] How add an iScsi Storage with devstack

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Thu May 16 15:18:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Alexandre De Carvalho <
alexandre7.decarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I would like to know how to add an iscsi storage for my instances. I used
> devstack to install openstack.
> I think i need to modify my localrc in my controller node but what ! i
> don't know.
>
> Can you help me, please ? If you have some documents or a localrc conf it
> would be nice.
>
> Thanks !
>
> --
> regards,
> Alexandre

> Hi Alexandre,

If you used devstack you already have the base LVM storage that we export
via iSCSI by defult.  If you want to add some external iSCSI storage device
the way to go about that is going to depend upon what device it is,
assuming there's a driver available from there it's just a matter of making
some modifications to your cinder.conf file and restarting the volume
service.

John