[Openstack] Share Glance between cells or regions

John Paul Walters jwalters at isi.edu
Wed May 15 18:46:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

We're looking at setting up a geographically distributed OpenStack installation, and we're considering either cells or regions.  We'd like to share a single Glance install between our regions (or cells), so the same images can be spawned anywhere.  From here:

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-ops/content/segregate_cloud.html

it's not clear whether that's possible.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Is it possible in regions OR cells (or both)?  Is there a better solution that I'm not thinking of?

thanks,
JP