[Openstack] AuthN/AuthZ

Aaron Knister aaron.knister at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:11:56 UTC 2013

*bump*

Here's the tl;dr version:

- How have other folks handled integration of OpenStack with existing
authN/authZ infrastructures? I'm particularly interested in the automatic
mapping of existing LDAP groups to roles/tenants within openstack.
- Are there plans to add support for the auth plugins to the *client
modules and CLI tools going forward? I'd be interested in contributing this
if it's on the roadmap and hasn't been done yet.
- Are there plans to add support for auth plugins/external au th to
Horizon? As above, I'm interested in implementing this if there's interest.
- I see vague references in the documentation/*client code to using
certificates for authentication (without the need for httpd external
authentication) which would also eliminate the credentials-in-environment-
variables issue. Is using PKI for authentication going to be supported? If
so what's the status?

Am I perhaps posting this to the wrong list? I didn't get any replies from
my original post.

Thanks!

-Aaron