[Openstack] Grizzly installation successful but VM is not accessible over network or from the host machine

Kamarul profkamarul at gmail.com
Fri May 10 08:32:42 UTC 2013

Stderr: "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified\nSorry, user
quantum is not allowed to execute

above caused by quantum user does not have permission for sudo

See this discussion:

https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/issues/39

quantum ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL

Thank You,

Regards
Kamarul

Follow me at rehdat.blogspot.com

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Nikhil Mittal <mittalnikhil at gmail.com>wrote:

> Kamarul,
> The status shown on the dashboard is confusing. Under Router Detail
> section, it shows Status as Active. But under Interfaces it shows as DOWN
> but Admin status as UP (refer the cut-paste below).
> Also i see following error message in /var/log/quantum/dhcp-agent.log:
>
> +++++++++++++++
> Stderr: "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified\nSorry,
> user quantum is not allowed to execute
>  ERROR [quantum.agent.dhcp_agent] Unable to sync network state.
> +++++++++++++++

> Router Overview: router_osk_1
> Namerouter_osk_1IDa04a3393-f292-4943-9e13-4a5733921bb6StatusACTIVE
> ------------------------------
>   Interfaces
> Add Interface<http://10.78.104.111/horizon/project/routers/a04a3393-f292-4943-9e13-4a5733921bb6/addinterface>
>   Name Fixed IPs Status Type Admin State Actions   (449eac7f)<http://10.78.104.111/horizon/project/networks/ports/449eac7f-e582-4816-b099-93f5dd49c15f/detail>
>
>    - 10.78.99.81
>
> DOWNInternal InterfaceUP
>    Displaying 1 item
> Thanks,
> Nikhil
>

> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Kamarul <profkamarul at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Nikhil,
>>
>> Configuring networking (quantum) is a common problem as such a vm cannot
>> ping to other host outside of openstack setup.
>> For a start, you may look into logs (/var/log/quantum), that will give
>> you clue.
>>
>> What is your router's interfaces status, up or down?
>>
>> Go through below logs
>>
>> dhcp-agent.log
>> l3-agent.log
>> openvswitch-agent.log
>> ovs-cleanup.log
>> server.log
>>

>> Thank You,
>>
>> Regards
>> Kamarul
>>
>> Follow me at rehdat.blogspot.com
>>

>> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Nikhil Mittal <mittalnikhil at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I followed the guide on installing Grizzly on single-node setup. I was
>>> able to install my own customized VM successfully (though after resolving a
>>> few glitches) but the VM is not accessible on the same host or from another
>>> machine. The IP address assigned to the VM does not respond to pings, etc.
>>> though the instance is very much alive (can access via Dashboard console).
>>> Network topology shows Router and the VM being assigned an IP.
>>>
>>> The commands 'ifconfig' does not show any of the bridges, nor 'route'
>>> shows any additional routes created.
>>> I have attached the screenshot of the network topology (from Dashboard).
>>>
>>> NOTE:
>>> 1. I am using Ubuntu 13.04 on x86 64 bit Intel platform with two NICs.
>>> Both NICs have addresses which are accessible within the enterprise network.
> [...]
>>> Nikhil