[Openstack] API version in Grizzly

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu May 9 14:41:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Gabriel Hurley <Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com>wrote:

>  In Grizzly I can send Keystone requests to either *http://<keyston**
> e_host>:5000/v2.0/* or to *http://<keystone_host>:5000/v3/* and both work
> just fine (provided I send the right request). Both APIs are enabled, and
> simply have different API controllers wired to different code paths under
> the hood. The only thing making one “default” is the fact that DevStack
> (and by extension a lot of guides and a lot of people’s existing
> copy-pasted installations) have the Keystone v2.0 endpoint hard-coded into
> the service catalog. See the various threads and my TC proposal for further
> detail on what I think about that fact and what to do with it going forward.

Okay, thanks for this explanation.

Keystone team, this does not feel well documented. Let's come up with a
plan for further explaining that in the docs.

>  As for api.openstack.org, I always look at the “Complete Reference” (*
> http://api.openstack.org/api-ref.html*<http://api.openstack.org/api-ref.html>)
> which lists one version for each service API (currently still Keystone
> v2.0). As long as you’re taking feature requests, what I’d **like** to
> see when I land on that page is a collapsed list of each service API type
> (e.g. Identity, Compute, etc.) which I can then expand, revealing the list
> of available versions. Expanding one of those should yield what I currently
> see on the Complete Reference page. J

Good news, we have a new floating TOC and version labels that helps us go
towards documenting all versions on the reference page as well. See
http://api.openstack.org/api-ref.html.

Ideally when you have ideas and needs like this you'll log a bug or
blueprint at http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site.

Anne