[Openstack] API version in Grizzly

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed May 8 23:57:51 UTC 2013

In Grizzly I can send Keystone requests to either http://<keystone_host>:5000/v2.0/ or to http://<keystone_host>:5000/v3/ and both work just fine (provided I send the right request). Both APIs are enabled, and simply have different API controllers wired to different code paths under the hood. The only thing making one "default" is the fact that DevStack (and by extension a lot of guides and a lot of people's existing copy-pasted installations) have the Keystone v2.0 endpoint hard-coded into the service catalog. See the various threads and my TC proposal for further detail on what I think about that fact and what to do with it going forward.

As for api.openstack.org, I always look at the "Complete Reference" (http://api.openstack.org/api-ref.html) which lists one version for each service API (currently still Keystone v2.0). As long as you're taking feature requests, what I'd *like* to see when I land on that page is a collapsed list of each service API type (e.g. Identity, Compute, etc.) which I can then expand, revealing the list of available versions. Expanding one of those should yield what I currently see on the Complete Reference page. :)

All the best,

-       Gabriel