[Openstack] cinder "malformed url" error

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Wed May 8 00:19:50 UTC 2013

On 07.05.2013 16:05, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got the cinder-api service up and running but when I run "cinder
> list" I get an error "ERROR: Malformed request url".
>
> This is the URL called from the debug output:
> REQ: curl -i
> http://10.16.171.3:8776/v1/11b39f6529ea4eb6a527de82122ba6f6/volumes/detail
> -X GET
>
> The endpoints in the database are defined as
> http://10.16.171.3:8776/v1/%(tenant_id)s
> which should be correct.
>
> Any ideas what about the URL is malformed?

Found the reason. Apparently this happens when "auth_strategy =
keystone" is missing from the config.

The issue I know have that a "cinder create 1" leads to a volume in
"error" state with the following error in the scheduler.log:

2013-05-08 02:13:17  WARNING [cinder.scheduler.host_manager] service is
down or disabled.
2013-05-08 02:13:17    ERROR [cinder.scheduler.manager] Failed to
schedule_create_volume: No valid host was found.

I'm running the api and scheduler services on the controller node and
the volume service on a compute node. Any ideas why cinder doesn't find
a valid host?

Regards,
   Dennis