[Openstack] Wiki Location for Community Events?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon May 6 16:20:02 UTC 2013

On 05/06/2013 05:19 AM, Henning Sprang wrote:
> So it's common that people organize and communicate the events on
> meetup.com <http://meetup.com> and other places instead of the
> openstack.org <http://openstack.org> wiki?

At the moment there are many groups on meetup.com but there are also
groups that use other tools like mailing lists, google groups, facebook
groups, linkedin and more. Check the wiki page
https://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackUserGroups. Feel free to use the
tool you prefer.

> I guess we won't use meetup.com <http://meetup.com> as primary location,
> as we're aware not everybody likes to register withsuch services, so it
> will not be the main organizational hub, but used as an additional
> channel for spreading the word.

I understand that. Feel free to setup a page on the wiki and add it to
the UserGroups page. Whenever you have events send me the details and
I'll add it to the page openstack.org/events.

That said, I am working on a community-owned place for user groups. Stay
tuned for more news soon.

/stef