[Openstack] keepalive can not check the haproxy is down.

Lei Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Mon May 6 08:07:14 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

I am trying to use keepalive and haproxy to work together to improve the HA
of the openstack. But I meet following
unexpected issue.

I expect that when the haproxy process is crashed on the MASTER
node(checked by chk_haproxy), the second node
will take over the VIP. But when I stop the haproxy process, nothing is
happened.
However, when stop the keepalived service, the VIP is set up on the node2
as expected.

So I think the root cause should be the chk_haproxy block. But I have no
idea why it doesn't work. Does any body have
ideas?

*node1 keepalived.conf*

global_defs {
    lvs_id LVS_228