[Openstack] nova scheduler: AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation enhanced for domain level tenancy

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:56:27 UTC 2013

Hi,
I never thought about domains but it seems a great idea!
If you want to extend it would be great.

Remember that at the moment the "AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation" filter only guaranties that the nodes in the aggregate will run instances from the specified tenant. But it isn't exclusive…
There is a blueprint to extend it: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multi-tenancy-isolation-only-aggregates
At CERN we already implemented this blueprint and we also support of multiple tenants in the same aggregate. We use this filter to have dedicated resources for some tenants.

I didn't upload the code yet… in my TODO list
but also waiting for the blueprint approval.

cheers,
Belmiro