[Openstack] slow terminate jobs..

Steve Heistand steve.heistand at nasa.gov
Fri May 3 18:28:22 UTC 2013

well there are a lot (68) beam.smp processes running, well in existence only a few at a
time are
consuming cpu time.
Aside from that Im not sure how to answer the question.
or does this perhaps indicate a problem:

root at cloudfe:/var/log/rabbitmq# tail /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at cloudfe.log

=INFO REPORT==== 3-May-2013::11:14:36 ===
starting TCP connection <0.14589.260> from 10.0.1.16:40015

=INFO REPORT==== 3-May-2013::11:19:13 ===
accepted TCP connection on [::]:5672 from 10.0.1.16:40233

5 minutes from starting connection to accepted connection.

thanks

On 05/03/2013 11:22 AM, Eric_E_Smith at DELL.com wrote:
> How does RabbitMQ look?  Are the messages being consumed in a timely fashion?
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Openstack
> [mailto:openstack-bounces+eric_e_smith=dell.com at lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of
> Steve Heistand Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 1:14 PM To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
> Subject: [Openstack] slow terminate jobs..
>
> so in addition to my problem of really long startup times, the process of trying to
> terminate a number of instances is taking ages as well. currently into an 18 instance
> terminate and its been 45 minutes. As there probably isnt much data movement involved
> with terminating a job Im wondering if there is a
> keystone/nova/mysql/apache/something deadlock going on. normal CLI commands are
> taking a fairly long time to complete. 10 seconds for a nova service-list (only 16
> compute nodes) 8 seconds for a userland nova list  (20 instances running) 7 seconds
> for a keystone tenant-list
>
> not really sure there is a question in all this aside from something like has anyone
> else seen such slowness?

- --
 Steve Heistand                          NASA Ames Research Center
 email: steve.heistand at nasa.gov          Steve Heistand/Mail Stop 258-6
 ph: (650) 604-4369                      Bldg. 258, Rm. 232-5
 Scientific & HPC Application            P.O. Box 1
 Development/Optimization                Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001
 "Any opinions expressed are those of our alien overlords, not my own."

# For Remedy                        #
#Action: Resolve                    #
#Resolution: Resolved               #
#Reason: No Further Action Required #