[Openstack] [openstack-community] Recruiting - Translation Coordinator

Laura Alves laura.adq at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:53:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Now we have gotten volunteers for French, Brazilian Portuguese,  Hindi
> (India), and Spanish.
>
> we need more volunteers for Japanese, Spanish, Czech, Vietnamese (Viet
> Nam), Hungarian, Russian,
> Italian, Korean (Korea), Turkish (Turkey), and Catalan.
>
> Please send me mail if you have interests. Thanks.
>

> Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM wrote on 2013/03/26 17:36:07:
>
> > Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM
> > 2013/03/26 17:36

> > openstack at lists.launchpad.net, community at lists.openstack.org,
> >
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> >
> > Recruiting - Translation Coordinator
>

> > Hi, all
> >
> > Now the translation of OpenStack message strings and documents is
> > managed by Transifex. The access control in Transifex is set as
> > "Free for all". Anybody can jump in and contribute to the
> > translation. It's easily to attract translators but it's not good
> > for the quality. In order to ensure the quality of translation,
> > there is a plan to enable the role based access control of OpenStack
> > project in Transifex.
> >
> > This change will need to set up the translation team for each
> > language, including translators, reviewers and coordinators. The
> > coordinators are the leaders of a translation team. They are
> > responsible for the set up of translation team and the control of
> > quality. Now I send this mail to community and call for coordinators.
> >
> > Responsibilities of coordinators include:
> > 1. communicate with translators/reviewers in your team, coordinate
> > the translation and review work among the translators and reviewers
> > in your team.
> > 2. control the quality of translation. Review each auto-generated
> > translation patch in Git review tool.
> > 3. manage the translation memory and glossary for a certain language.
> > 4. communicate with community about requirements, bugs, and issues
> > of translation.
>
> > People, who want to be a coordinator, don't need to worry about:
> > 1. the size of the translation team. The translation team can grow
> > from small. If there is only 1 people who is contributing to the
> > translation of a certain language, that people could be the coordinator.
> > 2. the usage of tools (Transifex, Git review, and etc.). We have
> > many people who can help you get familiar with the tools.
> > 3. translation experiences and coordinator experiences. The
> > community have people with rich experiences who can give you guidance.
> >
> > If you have passions and time, if you want to contribute to
> > OpenStack translation, feel free to contact with me.
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> > Daisy

Hi All!

Many of you are know it already, but I just wanted to spread the word in
these lists about the #openstack-translation IRC channel.  Everyone's
invited to lurk around!

There is little activity so far, and we know time zone differences may
prevent interaction among contributors in different locations, but the idea
is also to have real-time communication channel for local or regional
volunteer translators' groups.

All translation and localization (or localisation) -related topics are
welcome.  So feel free to join and spread the word!

See you there!
Thanks!

ladquin