[Openstack] AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter not respecting Host Aggregates split

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Wed Mar 27 15:36:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I created two host aggregates, one per host with extra_specs and flavors
associated as given in [1]. Unfortunately, while the first created
instance with the desired flavor is launching on the right host, the
second instance with the same flavor is not spawning on the same host,
but on another one with a different extra_specs.

My nova.conf scheduling settings are [2], which I assume are correct.
Any chance to help me understanding what is wrong ?

Thanks,
-Sylvain

[1] :
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/host-aggregates.html

[2] :
compute_scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler
scheduler_default_filters=AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter,AvailabilityZoneFilter,RamFilter,ComputeFilter