[Openstack] [OpenStack] Assigning specific networks while creating instances using nova REST API in Folsom

Balamurugan V G balamuruganvg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:30:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a Folsom 2012.2 with Quantum and trying to create the instances
using the REST API as below:

curl  -X 'POST'
http://1.1.1.1:8774/v2/4a8c3029619e4afbaa39f85fcd121003/servers -d '{
"server": { "flavorRef": "6", "imageRef":
"dd13a38c-3e1f-49f1-afbe-c6f62cd46ffb", "name": "test" } }' -H 'Accept:
application/json' -H "X-Auth-Token: 1b5f64418cdf4a99a79aada03621cfa9" -H

But this assigns the instance to all networks available for the tenant. So
if I have multiple networks for a tenant, how do I assign the instance to
specific networks. I am referring to the documentation at
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/CreateServers.htmlbut
do not see anything for this.

I can achieve this using CLI but I need to use the REST API to achieve the
same.

Is this not implemented in Folsom? If so, would it be implemented in
Grizzly?

Thanks,
Balu