[Openstack] ANNOUNCE: Ultimate OpenStack Grizzly Guide, with super easy Quantum!

Jean-Baptiste RANSY jean-baptiste.ransy at alyseo.com
Thu Mar 21 14:26:39 UTC 2013

Hello Thiago,

I think it's better to use rootwrap in sudoers :

nova ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/nova-rootwrap /etc/nova/rootwrap.conf *
cinder ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap
/etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf *
quantum ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/quantum-rootwrap
/etc/quantum/rootwrap.conf *

NOTE : with quantum (l3, dhcp, etc ..) you can encounter issue with
rootwrap, especially with namespaces (i don't know if this is still the
case)
To fix that, just add 'root_helper = sudo /usr/bin/quantum-rootwrap
/etc/quantum/rootwrap.conf' in the .ini file of each quantum service.

I don't know why root_helper isn't in each quantum service sample files
if it must be configured ... is it normal or not ?
If this addition (to add root_helper in each ini file) should not be
necessary, I think i identified the root problem.
In the dhcp_agent for example, just need to replace each occurrences of
'self.conf.root_helper' by 'self.root_helper'

If someone has the answer, let me know if I should open a bug or not.

Regards,

jbr_