[Openstack] register a new panel in overrides.py

Lyle, David (Cloud Services) david.lyle at hp.com
Wed Mar 20 16:34:36 UTC 2013

There's a couple of changes that you need to make...

First, edit the overrides.py file:  (e.g., if we wanted to add the panel to the admin dashboard so this uses the admin dashboard slug: 'admin')

import horizon
from path_to_module.panel import YourNewPanelClass

admin_dashboard = horizon.get_dashboard("admin")
admin_dashboard.register(YourNewPanelClass)

Next, make sure your overrides.py file is being called in your settings.py

HORIZON_CONFIG = {
	dashboards = ('project', 'admin','settings'),
	...,
	'customization_module': 'your_base_module.overrides'
}

-Dave