[Openstack] Could s/o clarify if DHCP and L3 agents *must* be on different hosts if namespaces are disabled ?

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Wed Mar 20 16:16:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

As per https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1155050 and also other
litterature, I do see doc alerts saying that Quantum L3 and DHCP agents
must be on different hosts.
Let me be honest, I successfully installed and configured both on the
same physical machine, using GRE tunnels and use_namespaces = False, and
everything is running smoothly : my VMs are getting leases and do have
floating IPs without trouble.

So, am I wrong ? What is the terrible thing which could happe in a next
few days if still keeping my environment as it is ?

Thanks for clarifying me,
-Sylvain