[Openstack] nova-compute and querying keystone for glance endpoint

Nathanael Burton nathanael.i.burton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 04:12:20 UTC 2013

On Mar 19, 2013 11:56 PM, "Lorin Hochstein" <lorin at nimbisservices.com>
wrote:
> OK, so I'm not crazy, that means that I really do need to do something
like:

> glance_api_servers=192.168.206.130:9292
>
> or (since the default port is used)
>
> glance_host=192.168.206.130
>

> Lorin

Kinda, if using FLAGS.glance_api_servers you still need to specify the port
because the code will default to port 80 if not specified [1].  Also if
your glance server is configured with SSL you would do:

glance_api_servers=https://192.168.206.130:9292

Looking back at the code, your original idea also works.  If you just
specify FLAGS.glance_host it will build FLAGS.glance_api_servers based on
your glance_host and the default glance_port [2]. I've always specified the
glance_api_servers flag since it's the only way to specify SSL.

[1] -
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/stable/folsom/nova/image/glance.py#L84

[2] -
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/stable/folsom/nova/flags.py#L138