[Openstack] Error while trying to login to Devstack dashboard

Abhishek Chanda abhishek.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:03:05 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am not very sure if this is the correct list to post this. Feel free to
redirect if it's not.

I installed Devstack on a box and could login using the dashboard. But
after I restarted the box, I could not login with the same credentials. The
web dashboard gave me an error "An error occurred authenticating. Please
try again later". I found out that Keystone was not running. I tried to run
keystone from the command line and got an error:

abhishek at abhishek-VirtualBox:~$ sudo keystone-manage pki_setup
abhishek at abhishek-VirtualBox:~$ keystone-all
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/pool.py:703:
SADeprecationWarning: The 'listeners' argument to Pool (and
create_engine()) is deprecated.  Use event.listen().
  Pool.__init__(self, creator, **kw)
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/pool.py:160:
SADeprecationWarning: Pool.add_listener is deprecated.  Use event.listen()
  self.add_listener(l)
2013-03-18 13:30:55    ERROR [keystone.common.cms] Signing error: Unable to
load certificate - ensure you've configured PKI with 'keystone-manage
pki_setup'
2013-03-18 13:30:55  WARNING [keystone.common.wsgi] Unable to sign token.

How do I fix this?

Thanks