[Openstack] Allocating dynamic IP to the VMs

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Mon Mar 18 15:50:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't understand your business. Should you have a 192.168.1.0/24
network for management, you could also assign an external network with
Quantum based on the same subnet (ie. 192.168.1.0/24).
When creating a floating IP pool, Quantum does require at least 3 things :
  - the CIDR
  - the beginning and ending IPs
  - the external gateway

So, based on what I previously said, you only need to create a
192.168.1.0/24 in Quantum with .1-.100 (for example) as the range, .254
being the external gateway.

Thanks,
-Sylvain