[Openstack] TC candidacy

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 18:13:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to run for the Technical Committee in the up and coming elections.

I am a Principle Software Engineer at Red Hat. I have been actively
developing OpenStack since the Essex release. I am currently a Quantum
core developer. In addition to this I am also core on the Stable
Maintenance team. I also have contribute to Nova, OSLO, documentation
and devstack. In Nova the work was mainly focused on the Quantum
integrations. My latest contribution was the "VM ensembles", part of
which was added in Grizzly release and hopefully will be completed in
the up and coming Havana release. I spend most of my days reviewing,
testing, debugging, documenting and developing with the goal of making
OpenStack better. I am thankful to my employer Red Hat to have the
opportunity and time to work on such and amazing project.

I have close to 18 years of experience in the industry. Over that course
of time I have strived to produce quality, usable, robust and optimal
solutions. I would like to bring all that experience to the table to
ensure that we have a better product. We are working in a very healthy,
dynamic and vibrant community. A few things that I would like to improve
are the following:
     - cross project interaction
     - growth of the community
     - sharing of ideas and information