[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] Help with simplest Quantum setup possible...

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:11:05 UTC 2013

Hi!

 My Quantum Single Flat is almost working!

 My Instance get an IPv4 without any problem but, the metadata isn't
working...

 What can I do?

 My compute node have the `nova-api-metadata' package, nova.conf have
`metadata_host = 10.32.14.234', the iptables `169.254.169.254' NAT rule is
there too...

 The Instance log shows:

Starting network...
udhcpc (v1.20.1) started
Sending discover...
Sending select for 10.33.14.3...
Lease of 10.33.14.3 obtained, lease time 120
deleting routers
route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
adding dns 8.8.4.4
adding dns 8.8.8.8
cirros-ds 'net' up at 1.84
checking http://169.254.169.254/2009-04-04/instance-id
failed 1/20: up 1.87. request failed
failed 2/20: up 13.98. request failed
failed 3/20: up 26.02. request failed
failed 4/20: up 38.06. request failed
failed 5/20: up 50.09. request failed
failed 6/20: up 62.13. request failed
failed 7/20: up 74.16. request failed
failed 8/20: up 86.20. request failed
failed 9/20: up 98.24. request failed
failed 10/20: up 110.27. request failed
failed 11/20: up 122.31. request failed
failed 12/20: up 134.34. request failed
failed 13/20: up 146.38. request failed
failed 14/20: up 158.41. request failed
failed 15/20: up 170.45. request failed
failed 16/20: up 182.49. request failed
failed 17/20: up 194.52. request failed
failed 18/20: up 206.56. request failed
failed 19/20: up 218.59. request failed
failed 20/20: up 230.63. request failed
failed to read iid from metadata. tried 20
no results found for mode=net. up 242.66. searched: nocloud configdrive ec2
failed to get instance-id of datasource
Starting dropbear sshd: generating rsa key... generating dsa key... OK

Any clue?

Thanks!
Thiago