[Openstack] Announcing Elastic Hadoop on OpenStack project

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 14 13:39:09 UTC 2013

Hi Brad,

First of all, thank you for the question.

EHO is not just a Hadoop deployment or management tool, but complete fully-integrated native OpenStack component. EHO will provide an ability to apply different deployment and provisioning tools using extension mechanism. So, deployment could be backed by Chef, Puppet, JuJu, etc or even you can use handmade provisioning tools. The same thing is with management and monitoring tools.

As for integration with OpenStack, for example, EHO web GUI is a part of OpenStack Dashboard (preview: http://eho.mirantis.com/horizon/index.html, screencast will be available in a few days). Additionally, EHO uses OpenStack Identity Service (Keystone) for auth routines. All resources (VMs, IPs, volumes) used for cluster creation are provisioned by EHO.

Generally, we build complete extensible solution with UI and REST API available right away - not just a toolbox.

--
Sergey Lukjanov
Mirantis Inc.