[Openstack] about brctl meltdown on RHEL 6.3

Lcmike mike_lc at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 09:53:54 UTC 2013

hi.

I'm sorry can not reply to the original letter.

openvswitch and brctl can run normal together in RHEL6.3.

error message:

>ProcessExecutionError: Unexpected error while running command.
>Command: sudo nova-rootwrap /etc/nova/rootwrap.conf brctl addbr
>qbr2218b8c4-7d
>Exit code: 1
>Stdout: ''
>Stderr: 'add bridge failed: Package not installed\n'

Solution:

1.openvswitch process running in backend

2.modprobe brcompat_mod

3.ovs-brcompatd --pidfile --log-file --detach

4.ovs-vsctl add-br br-int...add-port...(if you have done then not need redo)

5.login dashboard and launch instance.
6.check instance status,it is ok.

NOTE:
1.the process ovs-brcompatd will be shutdown when run "service openvswitch stop",then pls startup it by manual.
2.# brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
br-eth1 /sys/class/net/br-eth1/bridge: No such file or directory
/sys/class/net/br-eth1/bridge: No such file or directory

0000.7e1636f42c4b                                            no

Ignore this message "/sys/class/net/br-eth1/bridge: No such file or directory

",to continue.