[Openstack] Agent out of sync with plugin!

Greg Chavez greg.chavez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 22:13:24 UTC 2013

So I'm setting up Folsom on Ubuntu 12.10, using the Github Folsom Install
Guide:

https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/blob/master/OpenStack_Folsom_Install_Guide_WebVersion.rst

After following the steps to instantiate the network node, I'm left with 3
new but downed OVS bridges, and three error-filled logs for ovs-plugin,
dhcp-agent, and l3-agent.  I rectify it with this:

http://pastebin.com/L43d9q8a

When I restart the networking and then restart the plugin and agents,
everything seems to work, but I'm getting this strange INFO message in
/var/log/quantum/openvswitch-agent.log:

2013-03-11 17:48:02     INFO
[quantum.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_quantum_agent] Agent out of sync
with plugin!

I traced it to this .py file:

https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/agent/ovs_quantum_agent.py

Now I realize that this is and INFO message, not an error.  But I would
still like to know what this means.  Thanks!

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez