[Openstack] Multiple quantum L3 agents in Folsom

Jānis Ģeņģeris janis.gengeris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:45:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to run two Quantum L3 agents where each of them handles
different external network which is attached to separate router.
Depending on which agent was started as last, it clears all interfaces on
the router that is handled by first L3 agent.

I have the following configs for agents:

* first agent:
----------------------------
gateway_external_network_id = 7dcb378b-f32b-4a42-bdc1-5294cf2ac14a
handle_internal_only_routers = True
external_network_bridge = br-ex

* second agent:
----------------------------
gateway_external_network_id = 7b9063c2-eeb8-436b-bc01-07bfcc5ec8f0
handle_internal_only_routers = False
external_network_bridge = br-ex

Is there a problem with config? I'm wandering if 'external_network_bridge'
can be the same on both agent configs, because the sample in the docs shows
that each agent config have different 'external_network_bridge'. I'm
running Quantum setup with VLANs, and all VLANs are trunked through 'br-ex'.

What can be the problem here?

Regards,
--janis