[Openstack] Fun with Grizzly and cinder/rabbitmq

Brad Knowles bknowles at momentumsi.com
Thu Mar 7 16:51:31 UTC 2013

Folks,

Continuing to follow the instructions starting at [1], I've been running into this issue with cinder not starting up correctly, due to problems with rabbitmq.  Turns out that the rabbit userid/password that cinder is configured for didn't exist, and even once I created it manually, it apparently didn't have the appropriate permissions to access the configured rabbit virtual host.  OTOH, Glance appears to be working correctly with guest/guest.

I tracked this difference down to [2], which recommends that you set "rabbit_userid = rabbit" and "rabbit_password = secure_password", as well as "rabbit_virtual_host = /nova", but I am not finding any corresponding instructions for configuring rabbitmq to actually serve data with these settings.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?  Are any tools for searching a git repo history to try and find related changes related to this commit that might have since been lost?

Thanks!

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/ap_installinggrizzlyubuntuprecise.html
[2] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/commit/0705c59c3e01760caf858e2cca603bda56f358f0

--