[Openstack] Hiding a Panel in Dashboard

Srikanth Kumar Lingala srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 07:33:08 UTC 2013

Hi folks,
I have a doubt.
Generally, if we create a panel, we need to create a new directory under
'.../horizon/dashboard/nova/' and add that in
'.../horizon/dashboards/nova/dashboard.py'.
Let us suppose panel directory name is 'sample_panel'. I created a
directory namely 'sample_panel' under the directory
'.../horizon/dashboard/nova/'. I didn't add that panel in dashboard.py.
When I tried to access that module with the URL:
http://localhost/horizon/nova/sample_panel/, I got the following error:
'The page you were looking for doesn't exist'
If I add that panel name in 'dashboard.py', I am able to access the URL
with out any errors.
Can we hide a panel in dashboard from displaying and use that module at the
same time?
Thanks in advance.
--
----