[Openstack] horizon customization_module example???

Kieran Spear kispear at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:43:56 UTC 2013

On 5 March 2013 12:24, Wyllys Ingersoll <Wyllys.Ingersoll at evault.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> Any hints on how to remove some of the default Nova panels from the dashboard using the customization_module?

Something like:

import horizon
nova = horizon.get_dashboard('nova')

nova.unregister(nova.get_panel('instances').__class__)

Substitute "projects" for "nova" in Grizzly.

You can also limit a panel to certain keystone roles with an
openstack.roles.<role> permission:

nova.get_panel('instances').permissions = ('openstack.roles.admin',)

or, more robustly:

instances = nova.get_panel('instances')
permissions = list(getattr(instances, 'permissions', []))
permissions.append('openstack.roles.admin')
instances.permissions = tuple(permissions)

Cheers,
Kieran