[Openstack] Rebooted, now can't ping my guest

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Mon Mar 4 08:18:19 UTC 2013

Is the network node also acting as a Compute node ?
The issue you were mentioning was related to the tap virtual device (for
DHCP leases) : if the network node goes down, then the DHCP lease is
expiring on the vm without being reack, and then your instance is
loosing its IP address.
By recreating the bridges upon reboot on the network node, the tap
interface will be back up. On the VMs, only a DHCP request is enough,
not a reboot (or even a compute node reboot).

I know there is also a second bug related to virtio bridges on the
compute nodes. This is still a bit unclear to me, but upon compute node
reboot, virtio bridges are also not reattached, only new instances
created afterwards.

Could you please run 'ovs-dpctl show br-int' (provided br-int is the
right bridge), 'ovs-vsctl show' and 'brctl show' ?