[Openstack] Are the Python APIs public or internal?

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:50:36 UTC 2013

I believe they should certainly be treated as public API's -- just like any
other library. I'd also treat them as stable if they've ever been included
in a versioned release. That said, I'm sure it would be easy to find
examples of methods & attributes within the library that are not intended
to be consumed externally, but perhaps either the naming convention or
documentation doesn't sufficiently indicate that.

In keysoneclient, we're making backwards incompatible changes in a new
subpackage (keystoneclient.v3) while maintaing compatibility in the common
client code. For example, you should always be able to initialize the
client with a tenant_id / tenant_name, even though the client will soon be
using project_id / project_name internally to reflect our revised lingo.

-Dolph