[Openstack] [Horizon] [UX] phabriactor/pholio as a possible UX option

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 27 07:37:47 UTC 2013

Monty Taylor wrote:
> However, I still don't feel like I fully understand what the
> requirements list are here. github isn't a requirement, it's a suggested
> solution, and one with already distressing massive negative
> implications. so I'd like us to work on what requirements the tool needs
> to have so that we can figure out solutions that will solve them.
>
> So far, my understanding is that requirements are:
> - discussion
> - messages containing images
> - possibly specific image annotation/commenting

As a data point, Discourse could also be a solution:
http://www.discourse.org/

It's clearly a discussion tool (including pretty advanced threading,
post likes, etc.), and messages can contain images.

See a design discussion for example at:
http://test.ubuntu-discourse.org/t/a-ubuntu-ish-theme-for-the-site/177

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)