[Openstack] [keystone] How to validate token without admin privileges

Janus Godard jgvant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:36:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm new to OpenStack. I'm looking at deploying two 3rd party services along
OpenStack and would like to use Keystone for they authentication mechanism.
Service A will authenticate and get a token from keystone and use it for
REST requests to service B. Those two services don't use WSGI, just the
REST API. Is there a way for service B to validate the token with keystone
without having an admin role or the admin token?

Sorry for the noob question. The only thing I found in the doc is the GET
method that requires admin permissions:
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/GET_validateToken_v2.0_tokens__tokenId__Token_Operations.html
And from what I read in the compute admin docs the OpenStack services seem
to rely on admin credentials or token.

Regards,

Janus