[Openstack] Share Storage Statistics

Ray Sun xiaoquqi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 13:29:51 UTC 2013

This is happend when I use a shared storage for two compute nodes. My
purpose is to know how much space I used for my VM root storage and how
much I can still use.

Unfortunately, when I use nova hypervisor-stats, it returns me the total of
two local hard disks. For example, We have compute-node1 with 320G local
drive and compute-node2with 320G local drive, and they have a shared
storage Storage1 with 500G. when I use nova hypervisor-stats, it returns me
640G instead of 500G.

Is there any way to get my shared storage information for my cluster? This
is very useful to tell user the real usage of resource pool.

Thanks.

Best Regards
-- Ray