[Openstack] How to query ceilometer to get nova-specific data

Jobin Raju George jobin.rv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 09:49:44 UTC 2013

Hey, all!

I installed ceilometer on Ubuntu 12.04 using the manual installation guide
given here<http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/install/manual.html>.
However, I am having trouble getting data from it. When I do a ceilometer
meter-list, all I get is a table with 4 rows with the names: image and
image.size and its parameters; no CPU, vCPU and memory.

When I query using curl, I get some data regarding images installed and
their sizes and ID and date of creation, etc.; no nova-specific data. This
is how I query ceilometer using curl:

curl -X GET -H 'X-Auth-Token:<my_token_here' "
http://localhost:8777/v2/resources/resource_id"

This returns a 404 Not Found error.

These are my primary concerns:

1) How do I query to get the CPU resources utilized by my virtual machines?

2) How do I decide on which port I have to pass this query? There are some
documents which have v1 instead of v2 in the URL, I would like to have
clarification on that too.

Thanks for your patience.

--

Thanks and regards,