[Openstack] Grizzy,Quantum public network ports DOWN

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 08:59:16 UTC 2013

On 06/19/2013 07:00 PM, Samuel Winchenbach wrote:
> Here are ALL the warnings and errors I see when restarting nova and
> quantum: http://pastie.org/pastes/8059837/text
> Here are ALL the warnings and errors I see when creating both networks
> (public and internal), the router that bridges them, assigning the
> public network as the gateway, adding the internal interface to it,
> launching a VM, allocating a floating IP, and assigning it to the VM:
> http://pastie.org/pastes/8059850/text
>
> I am not sure about the nbd stuff, but I think think that is just
> because the qemu disk image is not resized to the disk size yet.   The
> ONLY warning that I think might effect me is:
>
> Jun 19 11:53:32 test1 dnsmasq[28913]: warning: no upstream servers
> configured
>
> Any idea if that could be causing my DOWN ports issue?

Sorry to chime in pretty late. This is a bug. In certain plugins when a
port is created the status of the port is set to DOWN. This port is set
to UP when the plugin receives an indication that the port is actually
UP (for example when a agent detects that a tap device has been
created). This is not treated well when dealing with gateway ports and
flotaing IP's.

I'll take care of this.
Thanks
Gary