[Openstack] Ceilometer returns empty list

Jobin Raju George jobin.rv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 10:11:05 UTC 2013

Hey all!

I have installed ceilometer using the manual installation guide given
at Ceilometer
installation guide
 <http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/install/manual.html>
I have not installed swift since I just need the compute data such as CPU
utilization, CPU utilization time, Memory utilization etc.

The components ceilometer-api, ceilometer-agent-compute,
ceilometer-agent-central and ceilometer-collector are running fine and
logging to respective files.

However, when I query ceilometer using curl as:

curl -X GET -H 'X-Auth-Token:<my_token_here' "
http://localhost:8777/v2/meters/instance?q.field=metadata.event_type&q.value=compute.instance.exists
"

I get an empty list: []

Where am I going wrong? Please ask for details, if required. Thanks a lot!

--

Thanks and regards,

Jobin Raju George

Third Year, Information Technology