[Openstack] Havana Packages for Ubuntu 12.04

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Tue Jun 18 07:14:12 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 11:01 PM, Alexander Stellwag wrote:
> Hi stackers,
>
> I wonder if there are havana packages for Ubuntu LTS available. Those
> in the official cloud archive semm to be identical to the current
> grizzly packages.
>
> We would like to run first tests with havana and prepare for an update
> as close to the official release as possible.
>
> In order not to break our installation process we need to run with
> packages so directly using git is not an option here.
>
> Any ideas and/or links will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Hi Alex-

You can find our Havana trunk testing PPA @
https://launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-testing/+archive/havana. These
contain automated per-commit builds of current Havana code.  We're still
in the middle of both the Havana and Ubuntu 13.10 cycles and so these
packages are experimental and unsupported, may contain bugs and are for
testing only, etc. etc. Once Havana + 13.10 are released, the Cloud
Archive will contain supported Havana release packages for 12.04.  Until
then, Havana milestones will be uploaded to the Havana pocket of the
Cloud Archive as they are released, but as preview/testing only.   If
you discover any packaging issues in your testing, a bug report against
the relevant package in Ubuntu would be greatly appreciated (please
include package version and mention of the PPA).  Feel free to ping me
(adam_g) or any of the other Ubuntu openstack devs (zul, jamespage,
yolanda) on freenode #openstack-packaging if you run into issues.

Cheers,
Adam