[Openstack] [openstack] how to configure quantum so that two private network can ping each other?

Yuling_C at DELL.com Yuling_C at DELL.com
Sat Jun 15 01:40:09 UTC 2013

 Hi All,

From openstack documentation, it seems that if we need to create routers in order to have two private network ping each other. However, I followed the instruction on the website http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/l3_workflow.html, but still could not get the ping working through two private networks.

Here is what I did:

1. I'm using the Vlan mode for OVS network type.
2. I created one network net1 in one subnet.
3. I created another network net2 in another subnet.
4. I created a router and attached the two subnet interfaces to the router.
5. I created two VM instances on net1 and net2 respectively.
6. However, I still was not able to ping from vm1 to vm2.

Any idea?

Thanks,

YuLing