[Openstack] The OpenStack Community Welcomes Developers in All Programming Languages

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jun 12 21:10:49 UTC 2013

On 06/12/2013 05:01 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Wed 12 Jun 2013 01:19:50 PM PDT, John Wong wrote:
>> Is there any way we can punish these people in the future?
>
> Let's be clear: we're *nowhere* near having to think about using such
> measures.
>
> I would like to focus the discussion on how we can help developers
> discover and use the existing SDKs for OpenStack. At this stage I think
> it is much more important to encourage conversations around consuming
> OpenStack than to threat people contributing on IRC.
>
> I agree with what Christopher/radix said before, that one step is to
> have more volunteers that hang out on the IRC channels regularly and
> are helpful.
>
> Other ideas?

I'd just +1 on the "more volunteers" front. We could deputize some folks
to make sure they pay attention to the channel and voice them in it. The
reality is that with so many channels, #openstack tends to get forgotten
by most of the -dev community, so having a concerted effort to have
helpful people in there seems like the best approach.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net