[Openstack] Error in Installation of ceilometer in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

johnu johnugeorge109 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:26:53 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,
                     I have facing strange issue in installation of
openstack with ceilometer. I am using devstack automated script to install
ceilometer as told in
http://ceilometer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/install.html.

I added the following lines in localrc

# Configure the notifier to talk to the message queue
# and turn on usage audit events
EXTRA_OPTS=(notification_driver=nova.openstack.common.notifier.rabbit_notifier,ceilometer.compute.nova_notifier)

# Enable the ceilometer services
enable_service ceilometer-acompute,ceilometer-acentral,ceilometer-collector,ceilometer-api

But, when i am running ceilometer-collector or ceilometer-agent, I am
getting error saying
"AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'packs'"

Please help me in installing ceilometer in openstack.I have even tried by
installing openstack first and manually installed ceilometer as told in the
above link. But I was getting different error
ArgsAlreadyParsedError("cannot register CLI option"

I can manually do any of the steps or I am ready to reinstall completely.
Can someone help me to install ceilometer in openstack?