[Openstack] [Swift] Intermittent error 403 "Access was denied to this resource"

Andrii Loshkovskyi loshkovskyi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:41:48 UTC 2013

Thank you for answer.

Chmouel, do you mean the auth_token on Keystone or swift proxy server?

from /etc/keystone/keystone.conf

[filter:token_auth]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware:TokenAuthMiddleware.factory

from /etc/swift/proxy-server.conf

[filter:authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
memcache_servers = 127.0.0.1:11211

Further debugging proved that hosts without memcached don't return the
error 403. I'm still investigating what service can return such error body
message.

Kind regards,
Andrii Loshkovskyi