[Openstack] Benefits for moving live migration/resize/code migration/provision to conductor

Lau Jay jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:09:55 UTC 2013

Thanks Michael for the answer, just want to dig more.

>From your answer, it seems that we do not want libvirt on one node opens up
a connection to the other, but from the Gerrit code diff, I did not notice
any change on nova compute, but only move the logic of live
migraiton/resize/code migration from scheduler to conductor, and conductor
still call nova compute directly and once the request cast to nova compute,
libvirt on one node still opens up a connection to the another, so what is
the difference?

Thanks,
Jay