[Openstack] Remote access to the windows virtual machine

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Sat Jun 1 02:21:07 UTC 2013

Good catch.  Is the license associated with the CloudInit port, or the particular image build, or an issue redistributing Windows?
​

While testing our GRID K2 GPU under different hypervisors, we recently built OpenStack Windows images for kvm, xen, xenserver, and hyper-v using the straight windows installer from Windows evaluation ISOs, but they lacked the CloudInit package.  We didn't bother with CloudInit for our testing, but down the road we will need to do that.

What is the appropriate way to build a Windows guest image for bring-your-own-license deployments?

—
Sent from Mailbox for iPad