[Openstack] Some instances duplicate network & can't ping

Chu Duc Minh chu.ducminh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 03:02:33 UTC 2013

When I launch 5-10 instances simultaneously (from Dashboard), some
instances duplicate network like that: (in Overview of instance)
IP Addresses
------------------------------
Net_Proj1 10.2.1.20,  10.2.1.2
Security Groups
------------------------------
default

   - ALLOW -1:-1 from 0.0.0.0/0
   - ALLOW 22:22 from 0.0.0.0/0

default

   - ALLOW -1:-1 from 0.0.0.0/0
   - ALLOW 22:22 from 0.0.0.0/0

 I can't ping both IP 10.2.1.20 & 10.2.1.2

Some instances have single IP but I can't ping too.
Do some check, i found that these instances can't get IP Address due to
IPtables problem.
In a compute node, the DHCP Discovery request being dropped in Chain *
quantum-openvswi-sg-fallback* (I used ULOG to log dropped packet, then i
pretty sure about this)

PS: I'm using bonding with OpenvSwitch on br-prv (VM network)
I dont' know it could be affect ?