[Openstack] How to set vcpupin in guest XML?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 09:13:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 04:57:07PM +0800, Peeyush Gupta wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. I made some changes in config and it
> works fine. One more thing I wanted to ask is I want to add an
> attribute to xml. But I am not able to figure out how exactly
> libvirt is defining xml. I understand that config can only add
> the attributes that are defined in the xml. But how do I add a
> new attribute?

Presumably when you say "libvirt" here, you mean the libvirt library
itself, rather than the Nova libvirt driver.

If you want libvirt to understand new attributes, then you need to
write a patch for libvirt that updates its XML parsers / generator,
updates its RNG schema, the schema docs, and finally the code to
convert from XML to QEMU command line arguments (or equivalent
for non-QEMU based virt drivers in libvirt). If you need help in
adding features to core libvirt it is best to ask on the main libvirt
mailing lists

Regards,
Daniel