[Openstack] OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter (July 12 – 19)
stefano at openstack.org
Fri Jul 19 22:47:52 UTC 2013
Hong Kong Summit – Registration, Call for Speakers & Sponsors
???????????????????? ???????, ????????
Need support to travel to Hong Kong? The All New OpenStack
Travel Support Program
OpenStack Celebrates Three Years!
OpenStack is no one person or company or idea or line of code. It
derives its strength from the collective community. No matter when you
joined or what role you play, you have the ability to shape the future
of OpenStack and computing.
In three short years since the community was established, OpenStack has
truly become the center of cloud innovation, attracting hundreds of
talented developers, brand-name users, and support from major industry
leaders. This calls for a big toast to you, the OpenStack community!
A Vision for Keystone
As OpenStack evolves, its requirements for Identity Management evolve
with it. In the early days, there was a single Nova server, and that
stored user-id and password. Once OpenStack evolved into a body of
servers, copying passwords around comprised too big a security risk.
Keystone was first implemented as a central repository for those
passwords. Adam Young <http://adam.younglogic.com/> writes in fine
details what the plans are for the future of the OpenStack Identity
Glance Registry Driver
A lot is going on on Glance lately, although you may have not noticed.
The team has been working on several blueprints, and most of them aim to
promote glance as a public service. Flavio Percoco
<http://blog.flaper87.org/> has published an update of what’s cooking in
OpenStack Image Service.
Tips ‘n Tricks
* By Sébastien Han <http://sebastien-han.fr/>: OpenStack: instance
evacuation goes to host
* By Chmouel Boudjnah <http://blog.chmouel.com/>: Quick Swift Tip: How
to remove a header with Curl
* By Victoria Martínez de la Cruz <http://vmartinezdelacruz.com/>:
Getting started with Marconi, the message queue for OpenStack
* By Kashyap Chamarthy <http://kashyapc.wordpress.com/>: Configuring
Libvirt guests with an Open vSwitch bridge
* Lots of birthday celebrations near you: Blow Out the Candles –
OpenStack Turns 3!
* OpenStack Meeting at “One Convergence”
21, 2013 – Hyderabad, India Details
* OSCON 2013 <http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013> Jul 22 – 26, 2013 –
Portland, OR Details <http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013>
* Gluster Community Workshop @ PDX
<http://glusterday-pdx.eventbrite.com/>, Jul 22 – 26, 2013 –
Portland, OR Details <http://glusterday-pdx.eventbrite.com/>
* 2nd OpenStack User Group Nordics meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/OpenStack-User-Group-Nordics/> Sep 11, 2013 –
Kista, Stockholm Details
* OpenStack on Ales <http://openstack.onales.com/> Sep 30 – Oct 01,
2013 – Bend, OR Details <http://openstack.onales.com/>
Reports from Previous Events
* Infrastructure Bootcamp
* python-heatclient 0.2.3 released
* Havana-2 development milestone available
* Savanna 0.2 released: Bring on the new Hadoop on OpenStack features!
* Open Mic Spotlight: Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
* Open Mic Spotlight: Diane Fleming
* Open Mic Spotlight: Anne Gentle
* Open Mic Spotlight: Clint Byrum
* Open Mic Spotlight: Wayne Walls
* Erasure Codes with OpenStack Swift – Digging Deeper
* OpenStack Project Technical Lead Interview Series #5: Julien Danjou,
OpenStack Ceilometer Project
* Three Years and Some with OpenStack
* Quality Of Service In OpenStack
* Interview with Nikola Dipanov from Red Hat
* OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary
and full logs
Ask OpenStack <https://ask.openstack.org/> is the go-to destination for
OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
* What are the best ways to monitor OpenStack Swift?
* How to change status of a Neutron port from DOWN to ACTIVE?
* How to modify X-Auth-Token life time in keystone?
* Where does shared storage typically reside for guest filesystems?
* Non-Ubuntu Images from VirtualBox not running correctly
* remove public quantum network
* Failed to update the root certificate: cacert.pem ERROR:
Unauthorized (HTTP 401)
* Errors running ceilometer-collector
* Get the NAT IP from openstack using chef
* VCPU-Hours incorrectly reported in Dashboard?
* how to boot an instance with always the same ip and hostname
* IPv6 Support in Grizzly?
* How to set domain name in quantum
* Access to metadata fails: couldn’t connect to host
* Can I migrate VM between two datacenters with openstack
* Not getting Keystone token via http but am getting it thru keystone
* how to get the details of a hyper-visor in open stack environment
via Openstack Java SDK?
Welcome New Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack
Foundation Members Database!
* Guangya Liu, IBM
* Yang Hongyang
* QingXin Meng
* Yuliya Portnova
(or Yulia Portnova
* Pavel Kirpichyov
* Elena Ezhova
* Hyunsun Moon
* Joel Coffman
Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
/The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the
various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add
content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please
leave a comment./
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack