[Openstack] [Savanna] Savanna 0.2 is released!
slukjanov at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 15 22:14:01 UTC 2013
I'm very happy to announce the immediate release of Savanna 0.2. This release contains 3 components: Savanna core, plugin for OpenStack Dashboard and diskimage-builder elements.
Release Notes (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Savanna/ReleaseNotes/0.2):
* Plugin Provisioning Mechanism implemented
* Vanilla Hadoop plugin implemented with the following features supported:
* creation of Hadoop clusters with different topologies
* scaling: resizing existing node groups and adding new ones
* support of Swift as input and output for Hadoop jobs
* diskimage-builder elements for automation of Hadoop images creation
* Cinder supported as block storage provider
* Anti-affinity supported for Hadoop processes
* OpenStack Dashboard plugin which supports almost all the operations exposed through Savanna REST API (screencast will be available soon)
* Integration tests for Vanilla plugin
Savanna wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Savanna
Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/savanna
Savanna docs: https://savanna.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html (quickstart and installation, user and dev guides)
P.S. Savanna Dashboard isn't available yet, but will be very soon.
Savanna Technical Lead
More information about the Openstack