[Openstack] Host OS CentOS 6.4 or Ubuntu 12.04

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:18:42 UTC 2013

 agree with Logan that it is personal preference.

I will give you my opinion:  I created a 4 node cluster using Ubuntu and if
I had to do it again I would use CentOS.  I find CentOS configuration much
more consistent; Ubuntu uses a combination of Upstart and rc scripts which
can be quite a nightmare when you need things to startup and shutdown in a
certain order.  Ubuntu tends to have much more frequent package (including
kernels!) updates which may be good for certain use-cases but I find it
tedious to maintain.

I am sure for every complaint I have about Ubuntu someone has an equal
complaint about CentOS.

- Sam